Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Currently Coveting: Prada and Bags

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I'm about to head off to class, and then the gym, so I figured I'd make a quick "Currently Coveting" post. :) 

I've recently become obsessed with the Prada Minimal Baroque sunglasses. They are so unique! I love the detail on the sides. These sunglasses are such a statement piece, and I would love to have them. I also love their huge, round frames. My sunglasses are, for the most part, more square-shaped than rounded (as in, not perfect circles by any means). I think these would be a lovely addition to my collection (and after that, NO MORE SUNGLASSES!), but I am grappling with their price tag. I'm worried that I won't be able to find these for less, and that I should bite the bullet and just save up for them, but I'd be thoroughly disappointed if I did later find them somewhere else at a discounted price.

The next item from Prada that I'm coveting is a pair of flats. I wanted these when they first came out, but my beloved mother and boyfriend dismissed them as ugly and told me I shouldn't get them. I still liked them a lot, but I figured I had lots of pairs of black flats and could live without them. However, recently I spotted them at a local upscale shoe boutique, and I am intent on purchasing them. I love their huge bow! Bows are my weakness. I think that Saks is going to be selling them again soon for $390, but if I'm not mistaken, the store near me has them for $320, which I don't think is that bad. I usually try to find good deals on my shoes, like with the brand new Max Mara flats I got for $20 (the coloring is way off in this photo, sorry lol):

However, shoes tend to be expensive in general, and I don't mind splurging on shoes as long as their quality is up to my standards. I usually spend $100-$300 for shoes (depending on what they are; for instance, boots usually boast a heftier price tag), so $320 isn't that much of a stretch.

After I splurge on these goodies from Prada, I am going into serious savings mode. I was supposed to be saving up for these bags this year, but that didn't quite work out. Anyhow, the bags that I want to buy are as follows:
-A new Le Pliage from Longchamp, because my old one of like three years has been used and abused to no end. I have heard that Longchamp repairs them for free, so I can have them fix up my beloved Eiffel Tower Le Pliage and use a new Le Pliage in the meantime. I'm eying graphite, but also debating whether or not I ought to get a personalized Le Pliage. What do you think?
-A Mon Monogram Neverfull. For a while, I was debating just getting a pre-loved regular Neverfull, because it would probably be half the cost of a new Mon Monogram. However, everybody and their cat has a Neverfull in New York, so I want a Neverfull that stands out more, and I loooove the Mon Monogram design on a Neverfull. So I have some serious business saving to do!
-A vintage Chanel Maxi or Jumbo XL - I have been wanting one of these babies since I got my small Chanel, and I think that they are so beautiful! That will be the last thing I save up for in 2012, because the first two bags are more practical, while this is just something I really want.

I have to start being a lot more serious about my saving, instead of going shopping all the time. Wish me luck lol!

14 comments :

  1. the sunglasses are so fucking awesome! i'm not a huge fan of the flats though cause i'm lusting after some lanvin flats for the summer AND those are not really my style but for you they'd be perfect, i think.

    and ooooh i love all the bags! im flying between london and helsinki all the time so i really need a le pliage cause it's perfect for traveling but i also really want a perfect bag, like, early next year but i'm not sure whether to get an alma or save up some more and get a chanel before their prices reach a whole new level of ridiculous...

    the max maras are adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the sunglasses! I have way too many pairs myself, but those are just gorgeous! If I could afford them, I would totally have to have them!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely love the sunglasses! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just left you a message on your Tumblr anonymously about the sunglasses and a way to get them for less through Sunglass Hut. I'm sure it will be buried quickly but I want to make sure you see it so please go look for it before it's too late! Sorry if it seems creepy t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon - I checked and I didn't get it! :( Could you possibly send it again, please? And thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sofia - I'm lusting after Lanvins, too! Definitely get a Le Pliage - they are so durable and perfect for everything haha. I love both the Alma and Chanel flaps so I don't know what I'd choose, but Chanel does go a bit crazy with the price increases so maybe go for that first? :)

    And thank you everyone for your feedback! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just sent it again! I hope it works this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh it still didn't send to me...Tumblr is ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much are the Le Pilage bags?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should definitely get the Le Pliage personalized! I have one with my initials and absolutely adore it way more than my solid hunter green Le Pliage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the anon: large le pliage is about £72 here in the uk, but i think it's a little more expensive in the us, about $140? i'm not too sure though :) you can probably see the exact prices on their website though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, the Le Pliage is $145 for a big one with long handles here in the US. Their website has the exact prices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. how do you get the custom Le Pliage's ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can order them online at Longchamp.com :) Just go to the area that says "Custom Bags"

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)