Saturday, November 19, 2011

"You can't pretend that everybody likes Versace. It would be boring. It's better to create a reaction than to create no reaction. That's dangerous." -Donatella Versace

Allow me to preface this post by addressing my minor hypocrisy - I generally am not a fan of H&M. I am also, or was never, a fan of the designer/lower-end-store collaborations, as I thought that this was an excuse to sell low quality goods for an escalated price simply because the tag boasted a designer name. 
For some reason, Versace for H&M got me kind of excited. There was a particular skirt that I wanted, and then I just sort of decided that if I were going to get the skirt, I might as well get something to match it, and so on and so on.... The items in the collection were definitely not for everyone, but I really love what I got. :)
These are my very first H&M pieces (albeit not my first Versace pieces), which is also kind of interesting and exciting for me. I think the items that I purchased are really fun and eye-catching, despite being all black lol! (Those palm tree prints were not for me.) Anyway, without further ado, here are the things that I purchased!

I got a neon yellow/greenish bracelet and was in the fourth group to shop. I got to shop the women's collection at 9:05.
This skirt was my pièce de résistance. I saw it online in the lookbook and in some of the previews and I fell in love. It's black silk with studs everywhere, and the iconic Versace meander pattern (thanks art history!) at the hem. This skirt was $130.
I got this silk studded blouse ($50) to match the shirt and the leggings ($30) that I bought:


These three pieces were the items I had planned to buy. I am so glad that I was able to purchase them! I think I got one of the last studded skirts.

Now, on to the pieces that I didn't expect to buy but did anyway!


I took really horrible photos of this skirt, so I am sorry! I didn't intend on buying it, but a girl was wearing it at the store and I fell in love with it. The gold hinges on the pleats are such a minute detail, but they create such a wonderful effect! It was $70.
All of the clothes I bought will match my Chanel flap so perfectly - so I'm super excited! =D

I had been eying this ring on the website but I didn't think I needed it. I bought it on a whim at the store and I think it's pretty cute! The ring was $20.


I got one Versace for H&M garment bag with my purchases.

What did you buy from Versace for H&M, if anything? What are your favorite pieces? I'd love to hear about your experience! :)

17 comments :

  1. I love your purchases honey! We have the same leggings now haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought same top and leggings! But I couldn't reach the skirt :S Nice post!! Thanks for the comment! :)


    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much did you get the leggings for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!

    The leggings were $30 USD :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got so many fabulous items! Love the two black skirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that skirt with the bottom detail.....its too perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously paid over $270 for that shit? The top is effing hideous. Looks like something from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone!
    And lol, it's okay if you don't like what I got, because I do =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of you right now! You got the two skirts I was hoping to buy. I had to take the PSAT, so I sent my mum to the store and while she was in line, they announced that it's all sold out...I'm still hoping to get one of the skirts, though. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love everything that you got!<3 The studded skirt and the pleated skirt are my favourites! I tried to get the leggings and the studded skirt but they were all sold out so I got the leather dress instead =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. the versace line is great at H&M !

    x0xx jesssica markowski

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish we had H&M here, I would buy a whole bunch of outfits from that collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have the studded top (the other one, not the one you have), same leggings, and the flower leggings, pink studded mini bag, black studded big bag, 2 scarfs (pink and green-blue)!!! i love them alll :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. this dress looks very beautiful.and the garment bag looks also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)