Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Sunglasses are like eyeshadow. They make everything look younger and prettier." -Karl Lagerfeld

 I am obsessed with huge sunglasses. I have a gray pair from Fendi, a tortoise pair from Dolce & Gabbana, and a black pair from Oscar de la Renta. A white pair was on my wishlist for an incredibly long time. Ideally, I wanted to add either a pair of Chanels or a pair of Diors to my collection, but I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to snag either brand at a good price. I was on the lookout for any oversized white sunglasses though, as I think they're a summer essential. I got these around a month ago, and I was so pleased!

I use my Dolce & Gabbana case to store these, because this white Dior case, although undeniably beautiful, is very delicate.
Here they are in all their glory! They are the Glossy 1 model. :) They were $100, which is an awesome price. I really don't believe in ever buying designer sunglasses for full price, unless they're a pair you truly are enamored with and you fear they won't go on sale. I've found all of my sunglasses for much less - $110 and under. I'm pretty sure I've bought my entire collection (besides these Diors) for the same amount as the full price of one of the pairs.


I've posted about these on Tumblr before, but I never made a blogspot post in their honor, so I figured I'd quickly do one now. I've had the busiest week; thankfully, I only have one more exam and then I'm free for the weekend after tomorrow! I picked up a few items of clothing today (a Theory dress, a Jil Sander blazer, and a Juicy Couture hoodie, all for $13) but I'm going to do a major clothing post soon! I hope everyone is having a good week. :)

10 comments :

  1. These are the perfect white sunglasses! I wish I'd found them! Great price, too...congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thte from Lagerfeld, it cannot be more true! I have the Dior glossy too except mine r in black. Theyre fabulous!!

    <3, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! This model is awesome, I bet they are stunning in black! :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's extremely easy to find Dior's around $100. I have the Dior Limited's in purple which retailed at $615 and I got them on clearance from Solstice for $125! Good luck getting Chanel's for anything less than full price though, unless you find some in a thrift store. Even ebay is close to retail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I never see Dior sunglasses for less where I live. :( Maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places haha. I sincerely doubt I'll ever stumble across Chanel sunglasses for less than retail, but a girl can dream! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quote is so true :) Love those sunglasses!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwww, really pretty! I can't afford that :( How did you get all your shopping haul for only 13$ omg, tell me your secret! :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa..this one is nice.
    I've been thinking of a white pair too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)