Sunday, October 9, 2011

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick." -Audrey Hepburn

I've read that the quote in my title is miss-attributed to Audrey Hepburn and that it is actually from a poem. It's still a lovely quote though! This post is going to be about all of the nail polishes I've picked up in the past two months. I've purchases a few O.P.I. colors and some Chanel polishes, so without further ado....


I ordered the entire Pirates of the Caribbean collection from OPI and I am quite pleased with it. The colors are all very lovely. I haven't used them all yet, but I have swatches of the ones I've tried!

Here is my favorite: Mermaid's Tears. It's very similar to Tiffany blue, which is an awesome color!
 
I also really love Stranger Tides. It's a murky green shade that looks absolutely stunning!

The other colors in the set are Skull and Glossbones, Sparrow Me the Drama, Steady As She Rose, Planks a Lot, and Silver Shatter. I have tried Planks a Lot and I absolutely adore it, but for some reason I didn't take a photo of it! :( Silver shatter is also my favorite shatter color. :) I'm not a huge fan of the shatter lines; I think they're fun but they look cheap on your nails. :/
I also purchased two cult favorites - You Don't Know Jacques and Lincoln Park After Dark.

Here is You Don't Know Jacques on my nails. My nails look very unkempt lol, so sorry about that! Hopefully I can get a manicure soon. I do nothing to my nails besides paint them, and when I get manicures they cut/file them for me. I naturally don't have any cuticles really growing, so I don't do anything to my cuticles, which makes my manicures much cheaper. :)

This is my current OPI collection. It's not colossal or anything like that, quite the contrary. I only recently started buying nail polish (like, within the last couple of months), but there are lots of OPI colors on my wishlist!


Now on to Chanel....

I bought Peridot, despite having initial misgivings about the color. It looks very nice on - it's a mixture of gold and green.
I also tried out two of the FNO colors - Blue Rebel and Coco Blue. I've yet to put on Blue Boy.

I love Coco Blue. Here it is compared to Tiffany blue:
Blue Rebel is a very cool dark blue. I found that it chipped easily though. :( My other Chanel nail polishes don't chip a lot at all, so that was kind of a bummer.

Here is my current Chanel collection:
I started collecting Chanel nail polishes a month ago, and now I am dying to get Orange Fizz, Rose Insolent, Particuliere, Vamp, Black Satin, Black Pearl, and Inattendu! :)
Hope you are all doing well! xo

5 comments :

  1. Rose Insolent is great but I really love Rose Confidentiel. You should try Nouvelle Vague since you seem to like comparing your colors to Tiffany & Co. Orange Fizz is a fun one, and I think the best blue right now is Blue Steel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen swatches of Rose Confidentiel and I don't really love it. :/ I wish I could find Nouvelle Vague but it's not available anymore! :( Do you mean Blue Satin? I'm debating whether or not I want it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I love Mermaid's Tears & all the blue Chanel shades. Peridot is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to really love Tiffany blue...me too! You should try China Glaze's For Audrey. It's an exact replica of the Tiffany color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted to try it but I can't find it in stores and I don't want to buy it online and pay an exorbitant amount for shipping :(

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)