Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Chic is a kind of mayonnaise, either it tastes, or it doesn’t." -Karl Lagerfeld

Today, I ventured into Goodwill for the first time and came out with four beloved treasures. I love searching for clothes and finding special pieces.

The first thing I bought was this beautiful vintage Dooney & Bourke bag. The pictures really don't do it justice; it has a very vintage-y feeling to it and it's sooo nice!
You can really tell that this bag is of amazing quality. Why is it that vintage bags always seem better than newer bags?
It was made in the U.S.A. and is from the '90s, a time when D&B didn't make as many bags as they do now and every bag had its own serial number. :) It's all-weather-leather and is super durable-looking! It looks pretty much almost brand new, and it's almost as old as I am!
This is the back of the back. I'm so excited that I got it. It's an adjustable cross-body and it looks so chic! It'll be perfect for days in the park, bike-riding, etc.
This is the bottom - it has little feet. And finally, the pièce de résistance...it was only $9, as you can see from the yellow price tag sticker! It's available online...for $235: http://www.horsekeeping.com/Dooney/CASES/541-zipshoulder-bt.htm
Originally it was apparently $220.
This sweater is from Blumarine and it really grabbed my attention because the detailing on the top is beautiful. At first, I thought it might be a little old-looking but I grabbed it and tried it on anyway....the neckline is so flattering, and it really looks nice. So I grabbed it...it was about $8, and originally probably close to a thousand. If anything, I'll give it to my mom! :)
The next thing I got was this cute orange Lacoste polo. I think it will be perfect for spring/summer!
I have another Lacoste polo that says designed in France, made in Peru....but this one was made in France!
The last thing I got was this wonderful shirt from Alice + Olivia. It's really hard to tell what it looks like from the picture, so I'll describe it. It's a sleeveless turtleneck, and there's a deep cut in the back. It looks very classy and très Audrey Hepburn.
I'm excited to wear all of my beautiful new stuff! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)