Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it." — Alexander McQueen

Lee Alexander McQueen was so incredibly talented. His designs were always edgy, intricate, and beautiful. I feel that recently my style has dipped into a more edgy territory, and I've been trying to acquire things that are more interesting. I recently got the Alexander McQueen skull scarf and I love it! Surprisingly, I didn't have any lightweight black scarves. The scarf I got is black with gray skulls, so the skulls are more-or-less subtle, but noticeable enough. I'm so pleased with this scarf - it goes with almost anything!
Here is a photo of it in daylight; my camera washed it out:
And here it is with flash:





You can buy this scarf on sale (!!!) here. They also have several other styles on sale. :)  
I also purchased my first ever China Glaze nail polish - For Audrey. It's a lovely Tiffany blue shade. :) Buy it here!  I am super excited to use it. I shall post a swatch when I do. :)
There are a number of other edgier things I'm loving right now, but I think I am actually going to save up for a Balenciaga. There is one out right now that is the perfect color and has the most amazing bulky hardware.
My scarf, instagrammed:
Bloggin' ;)

My instagram is MissYanaCherie. I also recently made a Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/missyanacherie/

2 comments :

  1. Ooh, what a great buy! McQueen had such a sense of showmanship that has gone missing after his death and Galliano's departure from Dior that I miss a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I completely agree! The situation with Galliano is more complicated but I definitely agree that he was very talented. Dior is not the same without him. It's a shame that McQueen is no longer with us. :( He was one of the best designers out there.

      Delete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)