Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"If the pressure is too big, do something else." -Karl Lagerfeld


I apologize profusely for the lack of blog posts lately - I just finished my spring semester, so hopefully I will be able to post a lot more! I was also having trouble uploading photos to my MacBook because I couldn't find the USB cable for my camera, but I finally found it today! :) This post is going to be about a few makeup/beauty/hair care items I purchased recently. 


 I went to Woodbury Commons with one of my best friends and I got a great deal on two sets from YSL. One included a mini sized lipstick, a full sized Touche Eclait, and a full sized mascara. YSL mascara is around $30 USD on its own, Touche Eclait is $40, and a regular sized lipstick is around $32. This set was around $50, so it was a great deal! However, I wasn't in love with the mascara, and my mom liked it, so I wound up giving it to her.


The lipstick is in shade #9. It's a pretty plum-esque red. Rouge Pur Couture is my favorite lipstick formula ever. The next shade on my wish list is #26 :)
 This is the small size next to the regular sized lipstick.


I also got another set from YSL - a gift set for their Parisienne fragrance. This was also around $50 (for a 3.4 fluid ounce bottle of perfume, a lotion, and the box), which was a good deal because the perfume runs around $80-$90 on its own.

I'm currently using this box to store my Chanel nail polishes so that they don't get dusty. :)

 I love this fragrance and I also love how simple the bottle is!
 I really love YSL beauty products.
 Another favorite brand of mine is Benefit. My mom got me They're Real and Posie Tint, which I've been wanting for a while. :)

 Posie Tint comes in the same type of container as High Beam. Both are really easy to apply!
My mom also got me this set from Nioxin that includes a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment. I've only been using it for a little while so I can't say if I love it or not yet. :P


Finally, no makeup post would be complete without some Chanel nail polishes! I got these in the past few weeks - Mimosa, June, Delight, and Blue Satin!

Where To Buy:

10 comments :

  1. Wow, you got some great stuff!! I follow you on tumblr and didn't even know you had a blog. I'm following it now though!

    <3 http://lushtoblush.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please update us on whether or not you like the Nioxin products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The YSL you got came in such chic packages!!

    http://couture-street.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is lovely! did you get the YSL sets from the YSL outlet at Woodbury Commons or at another store there? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tagged you in the Mega Blogger Awards on my blog because I love your blog!

    www.prettylittlerayy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!! I love Benefits High Beam :)
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore the Chanel nail varnishes, my favourite is Peridot. Please let us know what the 'They're Real' mascara is like, is it comparable to others, etc? Great post! :)

    www.cosmeticloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can anyone suggest which is the best shopping website from where i can buy Coach Handbag? Please suggest if anyone knows. I am new user of internet so found it difficult to choose one out of so many.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)