Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak." -Rachel Zoe

If you've been following me for a while, you are probably acutely aware of my love for Amy Smilovic and her line Tibi. I own a few pieces from Tibi - two cardigans, two skirts, a blouse, and now a dress! :) I love the brand's aesthetic and the pieces are always of great quality. I am so excited to share the dress I purchased with you!
I first spotted this dress on Tibi's website a while ago. I fell in love with it. I was super excited. I loved it so much I even made this Polyvore set with it:

(Also, how amazing are those Louboutins?!)
I later found the dress at the Loehmanns in Chelsea, but it was still very expensive and the only one in my size had snagged, ruined sleeves. :( The dress is georgette silk, so it's very delicate, and perhaps someone wasn't very careful with it. However, I came back to the dress whenever I visited Loehmann's, because it's just so lovely!
Then, one day when I was just browsing at Loehmann's, I saw the dress again, albeit in an army green/olive color (the same color as the Tibi blouse from this post), which is totally fine, because I love both the blue and the green. My heart immediately fluttered. When I checked to see how much it was, I noticed the tag had a blue sticker on it, which meant the dress was 70% off!!! I also had a coupon for an addition 20% off, the dress was my size, in perfect condition (no snags like the other ones), and it wound up costing me like $38. The dress was originally $345. I couldn't pass it up this time.
 This is the front:
And this is the back:



I love the Grecian draping!
Here it is with my blouse of the same color:

An old shot of my two Tibi skirts:
A shot I took of the dress in the store:
I love it sooo much. I can't wait to wear it to a restaurant. Here are some of the Tibi pieces that have been on my wishlist:
 
I really hope to find the skater dress at the very right. I've gotten the cardigan, the blouse, and the first dress so far. :D 
I also picked something from Cosabella. Their stuff is incredibly comfortable. :)
It's always so exciting to find something you really want or wanted for much less! What are some of your favorite finds? :D 
xo

6 comments :

  1. Love the khaki wrap dress - reminds me of something Kate Middleton would wear - very classy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 You're right, it does seem like something she would wear! :D

      Delete
  2. That's great that you found the dress you wanted! Talk about being lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, such a great catch! I'm so jealous..

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is appreciated! I love reading your comments! :)